I’m a huge fan of a good body oil. Initially, I started using oils part of my pampering routine treat. After a nice relaxing bath, I would use my oil for a full body massage. Over time, I’ve begun to use my oils in more of my day-to-day routine. For instance if I’m wearing something that shows off my legs or arms, I love the skin glow oils give. When the weather is warmer, I’ll use my oils for daily skin moisture, instead of a body butter.
The right types of oils are essential for good health, both inside and out! Oils act as emollients for our skin, helping to hydrate, soften, and balance with a physical protective layer. Rather than a single oil, our skin sometimes needs a combination of oils because the molecular size of each specific oil will determine in what way it actually benefits our skin.
A good balance of skin oils and hydration contributes to our skin’s strength, elasticity, and proper functioning. Oils are wonderful for all types of skin because they are rich in antioxidants, (free radical protection = anti-aging!) don’t contain a whole list of chemicals,
have natural SPF, plump the skin (more anti-aging!), repair damaged skin and prevent wrinkles, are gentle and soothing for sensitive and irritated. As if that’s not enough, oils are well absorbed when we use the right types, so that means they moisturise and give our skin that beautiful natural dewy glow.
These are some of the best oils for all types of skin.
1) Rosehip Oil – Rosehip oil comes from the seeds of a specific variety of rose. It’s incredibly rich in essential (and non-essential) fatty acids that are easily absorbed by the skin and enhance tissue regeneration. Rose hip oil is high in vitamin C, one of the most important skin antioxidants, so it’s great to combat aging skin. It makes skin incredibly soft and dewy and erases fine lines, prevents wrinkles, reduces scars, and fades dark spots.
2) Jojoba Oil - Jojoba most closely resembles skin’s natural sebum, so it’s a great skin conditioner and works well for combatting acne, since it regulates skin’s own sebum production. It can be great for modulating oily skin. It’s rich in vitamins A and E and is a great anti-inflammatory agent for acne-prone or irritated skin.
3) Coconut Oil – Most recently, Coconut oil has become the stuff of miracles, even though it’s been benefiting communities for much longer. Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal, making it another great oil for oil cleansing and regulating the skin’s microbiome. A saturated fat, it’s especially thick but absorbs quickly. That said, Coconut oil is not right for acne-prone skin, as it may clog pores and cause spots.
4) Carrot Seed Oil – This oil is pretty amazing for skin health. Like Rosehip oil, it offers a high level of antioxidant support and promotes cell regeneration. Best for aging or damaged skin.
5) Avocado Oil – Avocado oil is super rich in skin softening monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. Good for soothing itchy, sunburned skin and eczema.
6) Sweet Almond Oil - This oil is very rich in vitamin E and monounsaturated fats, it’s great for both skin and hair. It’s mild and another great one for overall softness and conditioning. It’s also especially great for sun damaged skin and may repair signs of aging. Do not use if you have a nut allergy.
7) Argan Oil - This is another oil rich in antioxidants and fatty acids. It’s a great moisturiser and anti-inflammatory. Improves skin elasticity, making it great for stretch marks.
8) Pomegranate Seed Oil - Pomegranates are super antioxidant-rich to promote healing and protect skin from aging, the seed oil protects, nourishes, and moisturises.
Some of the oils mentioned above make up part of the ingredients in some of our Butterflyy Bliss Body Oils, (Find full product ingredients here). So give it a try alternate between oils and body butters, your skin will thank you for it.
"Give Yourself a Botanical Kiss from Butterflyy Bliss"